OWN ART - INTEREST FREE LOANS
SEAGULL GALLERY ARE DELIGHTED TO BE A MEMBER OF OWN ART. OWN ART IS A NATIONAL INITIATIVE, SUPPORTED BY ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND, TO MAKE IT EASY AND AFFORDABLE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO BUY ORIGINAL CONTEMPORARY ART BY PROVIDING INTEREST-FREE LOANS.
Own Art loans allow you to borrow from as little as £100 up to £2,500 and pay it back over 10 months, completely interest-free. You can choose to finance all or just part of your purchase and multiple items can be bought with one loan. The best part is that you can take your masterpiece home with you straight away.
Applying for an Own Art loan is easy!
The first stage is the difficult bit – deciding what to buy. Once you’ve found the artwork that you want to buy, just let us know that you’d like to apply for an Own Art loan to finance your purchase.
WHAT YOU NEED
All you will need is proof of residence and signature - for example, a driving license. Own Art is available to all UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status. This means that you must be able to meet one of the following criteria in order to be approved for a loan:
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed)
- A retired person in receipt of a pension
- If you are not working but are married to or living with a partner who does meet the above criteria, then you may still apply, provided that your partner is happy for their employment details to be included on your application form
OWN ART IN OUR GALLERY AND ONLINE
We’ll take you through the loan application process, which normally takes about 10 minutes. Once you have given us all the information we need, you’ll get an instant decision. Once your application is approved you will need you to sign the agreement and you can take your artwork away there and then.
You can even apply online. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you the link to complete your application from the comfort of your own home.
You will receive a welcome letter from Own Art’s finance partner Novuna Personal Finance and following this your 10 monthly payments will be collected from your account by direct debit. This usually starts about four weeks after you’ve made your purchase.
It’s as simple as that!
Who runs Own Art?
Own Art is a Creative United programme run in partnership with Arts Council England, the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Creative Scotland. Creative United is a registered trademark of Creative Sector Services CIC, a Community Interest Company, in partnership with our credit provider Novuna Consumer Finance.
What are the aims of the scheme?
The aims of the scheme are:
- To make it easier and more affordable for people to access art, regardless of their income and socio-economic background
- To enable more people to live with the art they love
- To promote the presentation and sale of high-quality works of art through a network of visual arts venues and galleries across England, Scotland and Northern Ireland;
- To support contemporary artists by encouraging increased sales of work across a breadth of practice
If the customer pays no interest on the loan, who does?
Own Art are able to guarantee a 0% rate for customers – and keep the scheme affordable for their member galleries – by subsidising the cost of the loan with funding from Arts Council England, Creative Scotland and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
What sort of work can I buy with Own Art?
Works of contemporary art and craft of many different kinds fall under the scheme, including sculpture, painting, photography, textiles, fashion, jewellery, glass, furniture, ceramics and multimedia works – provided they’re created by a living artist.
Can I include the cost of framing and/or delivery as part of the Own Art loan?
If we are arranging additional services for you such as framing or delivery you can choose to include these charges as part of your Own Art loan. Please make sure you have told us that you wish to do this at the start of the loan application process.
Can I use the scheme more than once?
Yes, there is no limit to the number of times that you can use the scheme. However, you will normally have to allow at least 4 months between loan applications in order to establish a repayment record with the finance company.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
No deposit is necessary when applying for Own Art, although you can pay a deposit if you wish.
When will I need to make my first payment?
Your first payment will normally be debited from your account around 4 weeks after the date on which you signed the agreement. You will receive an email confirming the date.
Can I change the date of my monthly direct debit?
Yes. This is possible if you contact Novuna Consumer Finance directly, once your first payment has gone through.
Are there any charges if I decide to pay off the loan early?
No. Own Art loans do not have early redemption charges. If you would like to pay off the loan, you can contact Novuna Consumer Finance to do so at any time.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Interest free credit is available on selected original artwork.
- Apply for a loan between £100 and £2,500 when purchasing eligible art.
- Credit is provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Loans are 0% APR Representative